DeLoss Speaking on Feb. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Joe DeLoss, founder, owner, and head fryer of Columbus-based Hot Chicken Takeover, will discuss his company’s efforts to provide supportive jobs for people working to overcome past incarceration, homelessness, and other barriers to successful employment, during a moderated chat Thursday, February 21, at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, Ohio.
DeLoss will speak at 7:30 p.m. in Benes Room B of the Hamilton-Williams Campus Center. His presentation will be a fireside-style chat moderated by 2006 Ohio Wesleyan alumnus Dan Sharpe, vice president for community research and grants management for The Columbus Foundation.
This free, public event represents OWU’s 2019 Heisler Business Ethics Lecture organized by The Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship.
In explaining the company’s business model, Hot Chicken Takeover states: “HTC employees are wildly ambitious and have set their sights on what’s next. Once hired, we support their financial stability, personal growth, and professional development with an array of benefits.”
Examples of company benefits include:
- 2:1 Matched Milestone program – supporting the efforts of employees to afford housing, education, transportation, and more.
- Cash advances – providing access to emergency cash assistance and no-interest loans to manage crises.
- Counseling – retaining licensed counselors to provide recovery support and short-term counseling.
- Professional development – certifying employees in food safety through the Food Protection Program of Columbus Public Health.
- Competitive wages and tips – paying most employees salaries of $11+ per hour.
The Benes Rooms are located in Hamilton-Williams Campus Center and is located at 40 Rowland Avenue in Delaware, Ohio.
Toby Boyce is the president and Broker for C.G. Boyce Real Estate Co. Toby was honored in 2015 for as one of the first 300 REALTORS in the nation (only 1.4 million) to earn the “Commitment 2 Excellence” Award from the National Association of REALTORS. He has earned several real estate designations that benefit his clients every single day.