Several area police agencies will collect prescription drugs for safe disposal during the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency’s National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, September 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The drug take-back events are intended to prevent abuse or misuse of prescription drugs no longer needed by their owners. Keep Delaware County Beautiful, the local recycling and litter prevention program, and the Delaware General Health District encourage residents to take advantage of these opportunities to dispose of drugs in an environmentally safe way. Flushing drugs down the drain can pollute water resources and should not be done.
Drug Take-Back sites in and near Delaware County participating in the Sept. 29 event include:
- The Powell Police Department, 47 Hall St., Powell 43065.
- The Kroger parking lot at 7100 Hospital Drive, Dublin 43016 (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office).
- The Kroger parking lot at 55 W. Shrock Road, Westerville 43081 (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office).
- Foster’s Pharmacy parking lot, 4584 Columbus St., Centerburg 43011 (Metrich Drug Task Force).
- The Union County Sheriff’s Office, 221 W. Fifth St., Marysville 43040.
- Mt. Carmel St. Ann’s Hospital, 500 S. Cleveland Ave., Westerville 43081 (Westerville Police Department).
- The Morrow County Sheriff’s Office, 101 Home Road, Mount Gilead 43338.
- The Marion County Building, 222 W. Center St., Marion 43302 (Marion Police Department and Marion County Sheriff’s Office).
Toby Boyce is the president and Broker for C.G. Boyce Real Estate Co. He has been in real estate since 2006 and has earned the Graduate of Realtors Institute, Certified Real Estate Mentor, Short Sale / Foreclosure Resource, among others.