For those not up on their Waldo history, the city was founded by M.D. Pettibone in 1833. And as a testament to the area’s rich history the bar and grill chose to honor the man who named the community after his son, Waldo. Walking through the bar and dining room you’ll find numerous old photos of the community and its history.
Pettibones has a daily special that begins at 5 p.m. on Tuesday – Saturday. According to their Web site the specials are:
- Tacos on Tuesday made with beef or pork on your choice of hard or soft shells.
- Wednesday is Wing Night with just about every sauce you could ask for.
- Our Famous Baby Back Ribs are the favorite on Thursday evening.
- Friday is Steak Night with tender Filet and juicy Ribeye cooked to your liking.
- We have the best Prime Rib to offer you on Saturday.
We have had the filet and ribeye and for the price and expectations you get a solid cut of meat that’s cooked properly. Friends have raved about the ribs and prime rib, we’ve just not been able to make it on one of the nights.
The house-made chips ($5.99) is a great way to begin your meal and they also come in a loaded BBQ chip ($9.49) that is the house-made chips topped with pulled pork, cheddar-cheese sauce, jalapenos, and onions.
Mrs. Toby had the perch dinner ($14.99) and it was a decent cut of fried fish with potato. The rest of the menu is solid bar food. The Buffalo Chicken Sandwich ($8.99) and the Build a Burger ($11.99) were good when we’ve visited for lunch.
Pettibone’s Bar and Grill is located at 306 South Marion Street in downtown Waldo, Ohio. Kitchen hours are Monday – Thursday from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. and Sunday Noon until 8 p.m.